aaah, ecco perchè, pare sia la nuova fidanzata del nostro più celebrato conterraneo marchigiano, Valentino Rossi. Intanto il fiume di ricerche google non si arresta, anche dal Belgio. Mandala Tayde ha bisogno di un sito ufficiale con una gallery ufficiale, è il popolo che lo chiede. Ma dal Belgio?
Perchè gente giunge innumerevole sia qui che sul mio blog googlando furiosamente Mandala Tayde? Da tutta Europa per giunta? Che fine ha fatto lei in effetti? E perchè non cercano, cioè, Mandala Tayde nuda almeno? Questa cosa continua a farmi arrovellare. Chi sa parli, vi prego.
“I was on a plane last year and this guy sat down next to me. Finally he said something to me and we started talking about “Pulp Fiction”. He couldn’t remember the actor’s name, so I tried to help and said “I think it might have been Samuel Jackson.” He jumped in “No, no, it’s the other guy, that Fishburne guy”.
We rode the whole flight having that conversation and then, right at the end, he looked hard at me and said, “You sure look familiar, you’re sure you’re not Laurence Fishburne?” I said “No, and I definitely am not in Pulp Fiction either”.”—Samuel L. Jackson (via nightswimming)
“SUFJAN STEVENS, “Molino Dorino”. Messo temporaneamente da parte il progetto sugli Stati Americani, il ragazzo prodigio ha iniziato a comporre una serie di album dedicati alle fermate della Metro rossa di Milano. Per questo suo peana a Molino Dorino (“finest place I’ve ever seeno”, recita il sottotitolo in rima), Sufjan ha scelto un’impostazione magniloquente: un’orchestra di 130 elementi e titoli di canzoni così lunghi che non entrano nel booklet. Pensate cosa succederà a San Babila! Già filtrano le indiscrezioni sui prossimi album: “Duomo” avrà anche una copertina gialla, “Rho Fiera” e “Pero” costeranno di più, “Inganni” uscirà in una data diversa da quella indicata, “Lima” avrà in copertina una lima (geddit?), e tutti saranno votati come i migliori album dell’anno. Tra i brani da non perdere: “Tempo di attesa 4 minuti un paio di maroni, sono qui da sette minuti, maledetto Prodi, non ho minga tempo da perder” e “Caro cinesino il pupazzino che balla torna a venderlo al tuo paese di comunisti e non venir qui a meticciare le nostre radici celto-galliche”.”—
Che poi io lo sto facendo davvero, ho già fatto inganni, bande nere e cadorna, perchè non faccio solo la linea rossa io. No seriamente, se negli ultimi mesi avete visto uno seduto con un registratore portatile acceso alle fermate della metro molto probabilmente ero io.
An outage has disconnected BlackBerry smart phones across North America. AT&T Inc. says the disruption Monday is affecting all wireless carriers. BlackBerry maker Research in Motion did not immediately return a phone call. Cnn.com
1. When his 38-caliber revolver failed to fire at his intended victim during a hold-up in Long Beach , California , would-be robber James Elliot did something that can only inspire wonder. He peered down the barrel and tried the trigger again. This time it worked.
2. The chef at a hotel in Switzerland lost a finger in a meat-cutting machine and, after a little shopping around, submitted a claim to his insurance company. The company expecting negligence sent out one of its men to have a look for himself. He tried the machine and he also lost a finger. The chef’s claim was approved.
3. A man who shoveled snow for an hour to clear a space for his car during a blizzard in Chicago returned with his vehicle to find a woman had taken the space. Understandably, he shot her.
4. After stopping for drinks at an illegal bar, a Zimbabwean bus driver found that the 20 mental patients he was supposed to be transporting from Harare to Bulawayo had escaped. Not wanting to admit his incompetence, the driver went to a nearby bus stop and offered everyone waiting there a free ride. He then delivered the passengers to the mental hospital, telling the staff that the patients were very excitable and prone to bizarre fantasies. The deception wasn’t discovered for 3 days.
5. An American teenager was in the hospital recovering from serious head wounds received from an oncoming train. When asked how he received the injuries, the lad told police that he was simply trying to see how close he could get his head to a moving train before he was hit.
6. A man walked into a Louisiana Circle-K, put a $20 bill on the counter, and asked for change. When the clerk opened the cash drawer, the man pulled a gun and asked for all the cash in the register, which the clerk promptly provided. The man took the cash from the clerk and fled, leaving the $20 bill on the counter. The total amount of cash he got from the drawer… $15. [If someone points a gun at you and gives you money, is a crime committed?]
7. Seems an Arkansas guy wanted some beer pretty badly. He decided that he’d just throw a cinder block through a liquor store window, grab some booze, and run. So he lifted the cinder block and heaved it over his head at the window. The cinder block bounced back and hit the would-be thief on the head, knocking him unconscious. The liquor store window was made of Plexiglas. The whole event was caught on videotape.
8. As a female shopper exited a New York convenience store, a man grabbed her purse and ran. The clerk called 911 immediately, and the woman was able to give them a detailed description of the snatcher. Within minutes, the police apprehended the snatcher. They put him in the car and drove back to the store. The thief was then taken out of the car and told to stand there for a positive ID. To which he replied, “Yes, officer, that’s her. That’s the lady I stole the purse from.”
9. The Ann Arbor News crime column reported that a man walked into a Burger King in Ypsilanti , Michigan , at 5 A.M., flashed a gun, and demanded cash. The clerk turned him down because he said he couldn’t open the cash register without a food order. When the man ordered onion rings, the clerk said they weren’t available for breakfast. The man, frustrated, walked away. [*A 5-STAR STUPIDITY AWARD WINNER]
10. When a man attempted to siphon gasoline from a motor home parked on a Seattle street, he got much more than he bargained for. Police arrived at the scene to find a very sick man curled up next to a motor home near spilled sewage. A police spokesman said that the man admitted to trying to steal gasoline and plugged his siphon hose into the motor home’s sewage tank by mistake. The owner of the vehicle declined to press charges saying that it was the best laugh he’d ever had.
“Why do Tolkien fans get so touchy when people refer to Lord of the Rings as a children’s book? There’s no shame in sharing a shelf with Through the Looking Glass or Le Petit Prince, even if LOTR is a notch or three down in quality. And most Tolkien fanboys first read the book as children, so why are they complaining? I too first read it as a child, and I too wanted to believe I was reading a serious adult book — a big, weighty, thousand-page, dense-print tome. But then I read some more books.”—Stephen Bond